Chef Rescue (Food Themed Music Theory Activities) | Escape Room, Worksheets, Games, Composition Activity
Are you looking for a fun music theory activity pack for your beginner/late beginner students? Check out 'Chef Rescue'!
WHAT IS 'CHEF RESCUE'?
Chef Rescue is a digital download that includes:
Music Escape Room Puzzle 'Chef Rescue' (with info for teachers & answer sheets)
4 food themed music games
4 food themed music worksheets
Food themed composition activity
Colouring In Incentive Sheet
MUSIC ESCAPE ROOM PUZZLES 'CHEF RESCUE'
The owner of a local cafe has reached out - his chef has recently discovered the secret ingredient and has been kidnapped by an evil villain who is trying to steal the secret ingredient.
These four music theory puzzles will help you track down the whereabouts of the chef, and the name of the evil villain.
Music Theory includes:
Note reading (both treble clef and bass clef)
Basic musical symbols
- 'Donut Worry' is a bingo style game that tests students' note recognition skills (piano notes, treble clef, and bass clef)
- 'Gimme Pizza' is a racing game where students put their knowledge of finger numbers to the test
- 'Rhythm Soup' is a bingo style game that sees students matching rhythms to phrases
- 'Vegetable Race' is a racing game where students identify the number of beats on the question cards to know how many spaces to move
- 'Grocery Shopping' puts the students' note recognition skills to the test
- 'Order Up!' tests students' knowledge of finger numbers and note values
- 'Spaghetti Giraffes' tests students' understanding of steps and skips
- 'Cookie Decorating' tests students' knowledge of note and rest values
- Composition activity where students compose a song by adding notes to the food rhythms on the page
- 7 cute and colourful food themed playing pieces you can print and fold ready to use in the games
COLOURING IN INCENTIVE
Students are given a sheet of food pictures. Teachers decide on the rules of when students are allowed to colour in a food (for example, they can colour in a food each time they complete a puzzle, complete a worksheet, show that they've been practicing, behave well in their lesson - you can tailor the rules to suit individual students)
INFO FOR TEACHERS
There are no set-in-stone ways of using this activity pack - every teacher and their studio is unique and we should embrace that! I've included a sheet outlining how I personally used these activities - hopefully you'll be inspired by my usage! If you want any more suggestions or inspiration as to how you could use them with your studio set up, don't hesitate to send me a message!