Piano and music history game - Cristofori's Quiz
|PRODUCT TYPE||Digital Download|
Why are pianos so hard to open? Because the keys are inside! While your students can surely find the keys on a piano, they might not know much else about the mechanics or history behind it. In Cristofori's Quiz, students will learn as they go by reading and answering multiple-choice questions.
HOW TO PLAY
- Each player or team places a token on the "start here" spot.
- Players take turns to draw a card and ask the question to the person to their left (without letting that person see the card.)
- If that player answers correctly, they move forward 1 spot.
- If they are incorrect, they can still move forward if they can come up with an interesting music history fact which no one else has said yet.
- The winner is the first to reach the last spot and move onto the keyboard.
To assemble this game:
- Print out the game board (pages 3-5). Trim along the dotted lines and tape the pieces together.
- Print out the game cards (pages 6-9) double-sided. Trim along the dotted lines.
- You will also need a game token for each player (eraser, button, small toy).
Even if your students do not know anything about the piano mechanics and history, they can enjoy learning through this game because of the multiple choice format.
- Theory Concepts Covered: Music History
- Student Level: Any level
- Activity type: Board game
- Number of players: 2-8 players
- Seasonal: Not season specific
GET A BETTER DEAL!
You can get this game, over 250 others and so much more as a Vibrant Music Teaching member! Learn more and sign up at vibrantmusicteaching.com.(If you're a TopMusicPro member you can even get a discount on Vibrant Music Teaching membership in the discounts section!)