'Recital Prep' Bundle
Streamline your recital preparations with inspirational and enjoyable practice materials. Make concert prep less stressful and more fun with this ‘recital prep kit’, giving students the practice and performance tips and tricks they need!
This special Recital Bundle gives you three handy resources and a 25% discount:
- ‘Recital Shakedown’ performance practice game – useful in both individual lessons, and group classes – a fun way to help students ‘pressure test’ their pieces!
- ‘My Bag of Practice Tricks’ – our practice 'secrets' book with 43 cool practice tricks to make mid-week practice more efficient and effective – the Children’s edition is included here (see other listings for the older students' version)
- ‘Star Starts’ Practice Game – a simple and effective game to help students have fun randomising practice, practicing shorter sections, polishing their pieces ready for performance, and resist their natural urge to always start at the beginning and do big laps!
The ‘Recital Prep Bundle’ resource details:
1. ‘Recital Shakedown’ performance game:
Help your students get rid of those pesky performance nerves, and loosen things up with this fun performance game!
‘Recital Shakedown’ is a cool piano performance game, to help students develop performance skills. The engaging artwork makes it feel like a ‘real’ music game. It includes 50 challenge cards, issuing a multitude of fun ‘performance challenges’. Tackling these quirky performance challenges helps students improve focus skills and strengthens their ability to ignore distractions while playing.
Game rules for TWO playing versions are included, to help students see the fun side of performance. Use it in an individual lesson to ‘pressure test’ recital pieces, or play it in a group class to help students realise that they are not alone in facing their nerves! Even better, why not hold a ‘Piano Party’ class as part of your recital preparations? Of course, the studio license also lets you print extra copies as ‘party favours’ to give students to use it as a piano practice game at home!
- Great for a Group Class or Piano Party! Printing & set-up instructions and Game Rules are all included – Makes it easy to use in your group classes.
- Play the game in individual lessons! Use it to create a memorable piano lesson with just teacher and student during lesson time. A second set of instructions are also included for how to play the game one-on-one.
- Useful for both In person AND Online lessons! A great way to have some fun with ‘performance practice’ in online and hybrid lessons. Use it to help you run an online Zoom ‘performance class’ when face-to-face classes are not possible.
2. ‘My Bag of Practice Tricks’ book - Children's Edition:
Full of helpful, accessible practice strategies developed from years of music teaching. The concise, colourful, student-friendly layout in this little book gives lots of practice help, encouraging your students to make the best use of the six days in between their music lessons! Teachers can use the book’s learning strategies in lessons, to support and reinforce its use at home.
- 43+ efficient and fun Practice Tricks to make mid-week practice more effective – These practice ‘tricks’ give you lots and lots ‘games’ for students to play with their pieces. An easy way to teach them how to maintain their practice focus throughout the week.
- Includes 11 BOREDOM BUSTING Practice Tricks specifically for technical work – great for exam prep
- The student-friendly design entices students to engage & achieve – Bright colours & cartoon pictures support the text throughout
- ‘Tricks’ for all stages of learning, from starting a new piece, through deep learning, polishing and performing
- Fosters healthy meta-cognitive learning – subliminally teaching students to learn how they learn, and harness the benefit of this
- Makes professional practice strategies accessible to students in a fun and easy way
- Gives even non-musical parents a way of helping at home – take the stress factor out of practice time at home
These practice tricks can be used and combined in different ways, making them very versatile…and addictive! What a great way to put the final polish on pieces ready for recitals, exams, competitions and music festivals.
The original Children’s Edition is suitable for primary aged students, playing late elementary pieces right through to advanced pieces.
3. ‘Star Starts’ Practice Game:
A simple and effective Practice Game to help students get used to starting anywhere in their pieces. You will love how this improves their fluency & confidence!
- In this simple and fun game you get all three versions – ‘Star Starts’ – ‘Smile Starts’ – ‘Odd Spots’ This includes all the double sided cards ready to print, and the set-up and game-play instructions.
- Pair it with a packet of stickers, and use this game in lesson time, to get your students started. Then, send it home with them to use through the week.
- This game takes an important practice strategy and makes it easy and irresistible. Students love this game, and enjoy seeing their pieces improve quickly and feel more secure.
- A great way to boost confidence – especially useful before recitals and exams.
- Use it to enhance your Distance Learning – this game is great for online and hybrid lessons too. The Studio License allows you to print it and hand it out, to help your students problem solve their own practice issues in the week between lessons.
For more pictures and information about these resources you can visit our home page HERE
Save 20% with this bundle of Practice Tricks & Games - Get students performance ready!
For a practice bundle which includes a comprehensive Music Journal/Practice Log, check out our BIG Practice Kit: My Bag of Practice Tricks Big Bundle – Help your students Practice Smarter… Not Harder.
All items Available Immediately:
Download, print and play – The games and books are easy to download and print – we recommend downloading using a computer (not a phone or device) to make it quick and easy, and a hard-wired internet connection will make it faster, of course. Print it yourself, or take it to a print shop. The PDF files are set up ready to print, and all printing and playing instructions are included, to keep our resources user-friendly!
These resources are all STUDIO LICENSED – Purchase once and print them forever, to use with all the students that you teach personally! Although you may not sell these products, you are welcome to pass on the actual printing costs to your students.
Music schools and studios with multiple teachers must buy a digital copy/studio license for each teacher using these resources.
We especially appreciate 5 star ratings, so if you purchase this product and have any concerns that may lower your rating, please contact us and we will endeavour to rectify any problem!
We Also Recommend
Rhythm Flashcards - Digital & Printable – Free SAMPLE Level 1 – Distance Learning Friendly