Rhythm Builder - Complete Bundle
|PRODUCT TYPE||Digital Download|
'Spatial' Rhythm Cards, Posters, Board Game, Workspace & Flip Booklets to make Rhythm Vocab FUN!
Do your students have trouble with rhythm? Are they finding it hard to remember all those different note values?
Rhythm is an abstract and difficult concept, but this big set of Cards, Posters, Workspace & Flip booklets, AND a Board Game are designed to make the concepts of duration and rhythm less abstract, more fun, and more concrete!
Everything you need to teach a solid & practical understanding of rhythm.
This complete ‘Rhythm Builder’ Bundle includes ALL the following:
- Building Blocks 'Spatial Note Cards' – Complete set
- Rhythm Builder Workspace Booklet – Very useful for Elementary to Intermediate levels
- Mini Workspace & Flip Book – Useful for Beginner to late Elementary levels
- Rhythm Builder Board Game kit – With game board, game rules, set-up instructions, and ‘chance’ & ‘risk’ game cards
- Note Values Pyramid Posters – Both with and without cartoons – each type in A3, A4, A5 sizes
Read more below, about each individual item in this bundle…
1/ Building Blocks ‘Spatial Note Cards’ Set:
70+ cards, with all different note values and basic rhythm patterns
- Cards are RELATIVE in size to the note values they contain – making it easy to ‘see’ the value of the notes
- Tactile – Each card is approximately 5 centimetres high, making it easy for students to pick up and handle
- Versatile and easy to use – Students can assemble them in any order, to create a multitude of different rhythms. Note values range from whole notes right down to sixteenth notes – you choose which rhythms you want to teach. Ties, rests and dotted rhythm patterns included.
2/ ‘Rhythm Builder Workspace’ Booklet:
Helps students understand the concepts of meter and time signatures
- This workspace booklet includes SEVEN different time signatures: 4/4, 3/4, 2/4, 6/4, 3/2, 2/2 & 5/4
- Students use the Spatial Note Cards (above) to fill in the workspace bars – learning meter in a hands-on, practical way
- Flexible use – you can choose which time signatures, notes, rests and rhythm patterns the student uses. Useful for many different levels of learning, from Elementary to Intermediate students
3/ ‘MINI Workspace and Flip Book’:
Beginner & Early Elementary levels – Includes time signatures 4/4, 3/4 and 2/4
- The Building Blocks Spatial Note Cards (above) are used to fill in the one bar workspaces – learning simple meters in a hands-on, practical way
- The second part of this book has many ‘flipping’ pages – These pages are divided into either quarter notes or half notes – Students can easily flip and combine all sorts of different rhythm combinations
- Good for building rhythm vocab – Sight reading improves greatly once they can easily recognise and perform basic rhythm patterns. Flexible use – you choose which time signatures, notes and rhythm patterns the student uses
4/ Rhythm Builder BOARD Game!
What a FUN way to master our rhythm vocabulary! Use with all student levels, from Beginner and Elementary, right through to Intermediate levels
- Flexible game style – you allocate which notes, time signatures, rests, ties, and rhythms each player uses – Every student works at their own level.
- ‘CHANCE Cards’ challenge students to process ‘music maths’, and see the relationships between notes of different duration – get the questions right and they can zoom ahead on the game board!
- ‘CATastrophe Cards’ add an element of risk… and extend game play to increase learning
- This game pack includes: Game board, Game rules & Set up instructions, CHANCE cards, and CATastrophe cards. Includes BOTH the US and UK terminology.
5/ ‘Note Value Pyramid’ POSTERS:
Let students see the relationships between notes of different duration - Colourful and clear
- Two versions included – one with the cartoons, and one without to suit different age groups. Each one is in three sizes – A3 – A4 – A5 Use the larger sizes on the wall, and the smaller sizes as a hand-out. INCLUDES both US and UK terminology
Everything you need to teach lots and lots of Rhythm Vocabulary in a Solid, FUN and Practical way.
Each of these items is immediately available by digital download – All the prep work is done so you can just print, assemble and play!
Print it yourself, or take it to a print shop. All the PDF files are in a ready-to-print format – Printing & assembly instructions are all included.
Teaching Online? Take a look at our online Digital Flashcard Bundle!